Media Fact Sheet
iTrekkers was a concept born five years ago after another failed attempt by the founder at finding a great fishing charter, this time in Hilton Head, South Carolina. “It always amazed me that you never knew what you were going to get. That your only resources were the guide-owned websites and testimonials on review sites that can be bought or manipulated,” said Founder, Tom Mulliez. Often times, he found the boat was not as advertised as it was ‚in the shop, or the guide was not as qualified as he made himself seem to be. He was looking for a trustworthy solution where the reviews were real, the guides were amazing and he could feel safe and secure that the amount of money being spent would drive the value and experience he was expecting.
iTrekkers mission is to provide an amazing experience to customers in the great outdoors. By bringing man and nature closer together, there is a greater chance of conserving natural resources for future generations to enjoy.
iTrekkers furthers their mission by reducing the guess work for consumers looking to book a trek. No need to research the guide’s ability, knowledge, equipment, security in booking and customer service—all backed with a 100 percent money back guarantee. Today, iTrekkers focus is on charter fishing in the Greater Tampa Bay Area but have plans to expand nationally in saltwater and freshwater fishing as well hunting.
In order to find guides, iTrekkers has created a multi-step process that includes but is not limited to:
- Meet with the guide face-to-face or via video chat, in order to get to know them as a person.
- Look to understand what drives their passion for the work they do.
- Ensure they believe in conservation and preserving the great outdoors for future generations.
- Verify credentials: Are they insured, bonded, and have a captain’s license? Do they have all the correct coast guard certifications for their equipment? Are they registered with local captains groups, or trade associations? Do they have the experience needed to be great at what they do?
- Talk to previous customers: How did they like their trip? How would they rate their experience?
- Complete a detailed online background search.
- Compare notes with contacts in the industry to understand their reputation and reliability.
- Ask other guides: Would you send them business if you’re booked? If a group charter needed more guides, would they call them?
- Finally, iTrekkers answers the simple question: Do I want to go fishing with this guide?
iTrekkers has vetted and partnered with 10 amazing guides in the greater Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater areas with five more guides to be added by the end of the summer (three offshore, two inshore). In addition, iTrekkers is in the early stages of expansion in Tarpon Springs, Crystal River, Bradenton, Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Fort Meyers/Cape Coral, Naples, Boca Grande, and Marco Island.
The iTrekkers’ website, launched in April 2015, provides consumers with an easy to use booking engine, making it simple to search availability and compare trip details. Users can toggle to the advanced search feature if they’re looking to target specific species, like tarpon, or want to know who offers a preferred fishing method, like fly fishing. Confirmations and payments are handled by iTrekkers, taking the burden off the guides and allowing them to focus on what they do best. In the app, which will be available soon in iTunes and the Google Play Store, users can review the trip itinerary and easily communicate with the guides to confirm launch site and time.
For media inquiries, please contact us!
We’d love to hear from you!