Tampa Bay Tarpon Fishing
Before you arrive...
Your guide will fuel up the boat, have your bait ready and setup at the docks.
Meet your guide at the launch point.
Your guide will be waiting for you at the docks, ready to help you get situated on the boat.
Your adventure begins!
Head out on the water to the fishing grounds! Your guide will have already scoped out where the fish are biting today.
Need a lesson? We'll show you the ropes!
Your guide will teach you how to cast, reel in the fish—as much as you want to learn!
...and dinner is served!
Call it a day and head back to the docks where your guide will fillet your catches for you.
No cleanup necessary.
We're here to make your trip effortless. Your captain takes care of the boat while you’re posting pics on the way home.
Your guide will take care of everything.
See what happens before you arrive
All you have to do is show up.
Gandy Boat Ramp
5108 West Gandy Boulevard
Tampa, Florida 33611
Trip usually begins around 8 AM, but start times may vary up to an hour depending on conditions. Don’t worry though, you’ll know in advance.
Trip times are flexible!
Prefer to begin in the afternoon? Just let us know before you book by calling 1.844.468.8735
Nicknamed the silver king, Tarpon run hot in the summer months in Florida. If you’ve never experienced the thrill of catching one of these majestic fish, there's nothing quite like it. Tarpon Fishing is popular among experienced anglers, but first-timers will want to know that this trip is not like other fishing charters. Tarpon Fishing requires patience and may not be the best option for anglers seeking constant activity or for those with families.
The excitement of catching a Tarpon is arguably unrivaled in the sport-fishing world. The experience of going Tarpon Fishing, on the other hand, requires a little more patience. You may drift along the passes and keys while the captain seeks out the fish. If you spot one, the chase begins!
You'll cast out and if you hook a Tarpon, it means an adrenaline rush like none other as you fight a large, strong fish that spectacularly twists and leaps out of the water. The distinctive silver coloring makes this quite a show.
Once the Tarpon is close enough to the boat for the captain to reach out and touch, you've won the battle. Regulations prohibit anglers from pulling a Tarpon fish out of the water, so your best bet for getting a great photo is to lean over the side of the boat and pose alongside the Tarpon.
Our Captains all know where to find Tarpon! Try landing a Tarpon or flying a Tarpon for an extra-special new memory.
All tackle, bait, and gear are included when you take a chartered Tarpon Fishing trip in Florida. Plus, don’t forget to keep an eye out for the amazing creatures you might see along the way when Tarpon Fishing in Florida. Dolphins, turtles, manatees, osprey, and pelicans might make an appearance. If you are really lucky, you may even see a whale shark!
Looking for another specific species for a fishing experience? Our vetted Captains are skilled at putting those trips together, as well!
Things to Know:
- Tarpon cannot be harvested, they are solely a sport fish that will have to be let go.
- A fish mount can be made by using the measurements and pictures of your fish
- Gratuity is appreciated by our guides and is NOT included in the price of the trip.
- "Landing a tarpon" means getting it to the side of the boat. They cannot be brought up on the boat
- "Flying a tarpon" means getting a tarpon to jump out of the water. A very cool experience.
- All Tackle (Fishing Rods and Reels)
- Bait (live and artificial)
- Licenses and Permits
- Cooler with Ice
- Adult life jackets
- Memories and a fun time!
Don’t Forget to Bring:
- Hat and Sunscreen
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Food and Drinks
- Good Camera
- Do I need a fishing permit to fish with you guys?
- You do not! Our Captains licensing covers you for the trip. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Hi...i was wondering if you are the kind of charter that pays for catch upon returning to land as well
- We don't pay for the catch. If the catch is in season and size, it's all yours! We even fillet the fish for you right on the dock. iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 16 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Is there a physical adress or number to reach someone?
- We do not have a retail location, but we do have people waiting for calls at 844-468-8735 iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Do I need to purchase my own fishing license before I go on a fishing charter?
- Nope! Our captains' licenses cover yours, so you don't need to purchase one. You're all set! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- What fish are biting inshore near Tampa?
- The Tampa bay area have a variety of fish that bite throughout the year. You have the possibility of catching snook, flounder, seatrout, tarpon, redfish, jacks, and more! iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 18 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I get sea sick pretty easy - will this one make me sea sick?
- If you're prone to sea sickness, we'd recommend an inshore fishing trip. The distance is less than 2 miles from shore, greatly limiting the risk for sea sickness. You'll be good to go! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Just looking to see what adventures might be nice for my husband to do on Fathers' Day
- Awesome! We love taking fathers out for their big day. We'd recommend Inshore Fishing, or Deep Sea Fishing. Inshore if it's his first time, or deep sea if he's an experienced angler! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Do you charter boats and equipment
- Yes! We provide an all inclusive fishing charter experience with all gear, tackle, and bait included. iTREKKERS By Ben B. on June 30 Do you find this answer helpful?
- How much do you charge for cleaning the fish or do I have to?
- That is all included! When that happens, most customers will tip the guide, but it is not mandatory. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on June 29 Do you find this answer helpful?
Lovingly planned from
beginning to end
Our trips get a lot of TLC
We’ve crafted convenient and local experiences, completely planned from top to bottom. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you head home—we got you covered. All you have to do is show up!
All essential gear
Essential gear? Don't sweat it
We totally get it. Choosing the right equipment can be intimidating, not to mention expensive. With iTrekkers, all essential gear is provided and setup. Never worry about buying, storing or maintaining gear again.
Friendly guides will
show you the ropes
Trust our guide at your side
We’ve handpicked a network of professional guides based on experience, personality, certifications and more. With a friendly expert handling the tough stuff, you’ll be free to sit back and enjoy the outdoors.
If you don’t love your
trek, it’s on us!
Love it or your money back!
We know you’re going to love every minute of your adven ture, but if for some reason you’re not satisfied, we’ll refund you every penny. How’s that for peace of mind?