St. Petersburg Nearshore Gulf Fishing
Fish the Gulf of Mexico and explore why we are known for some of the best fishing in the country. Never leave sight of land, fishing the nearshore wrecks and reefs just off the beach. This all inclusive private charter is guaranteed to be an amazing experience.
St. Petersburg Nearshore Gulf Fishing
Before you arrive...
Your guide will fuel up the boat, have your bait ready and setup at the docks.
Meet your guide at the launch point.
Your guide will be waiting for you at the docks, ready to help you get situated on the boat.
Your adventure begins!
Head out on the water to the fishing grounds! Your guide will have already scoped out where the fish are biting today.
Need a lesson? We'll show you the ropes!
Your guide will teach you how to cast, reel in the fish—as much as you want to learn!
...and dinner is served!
Call it a day and head back to the docks where your guide will fillet your catches for you.
No cleanup necessary.
We're here to make your trip effortless. Your captain takes care of the boat while you’re posting pics on the way home.
Your guide will take care of everything.
See what happens before you arrive
All you have to do is show up.
6701 34th Street South
Saint Petersburg, Florida 33711
Trip usually begins around 8 AM, but start times may vary up to an hour depending on conditions. Don’t worry though, you’ll know in advance.
Trip times are flexible!
Prefer to begin in the afternoon? Just let us know before you book by calling 1.844.468.8735
Fishing near the shore while out on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico gives you a ton of flexibility to experience a fun-filled adventure. While you are out on a Gulf fishing trip, you will be within sight of land the whole time! Enjoy fishing right off of the beautiful Gulf beaches that line Florida’s coast, or fish on underwater wrecks a bit further out. You’ll have the chance to catch large and small fish alike out on a fishing trip in the Gulf. Species like Cobia, Grouper, Snapper and Mackerel can be found while bottom fishing; Barracuda, King Fish, Mahi-Mahi and more can be caught trolling the beaches.
Fishing in the Gulf is diverse, so anglers are almost guaranteed a great time out on the water. Your Captain will always have an adventure planned, so you can comfortably sit back and enjoy the boat ride out to prime locations. Your Captain is there to assist with every aspect of the trip, including providing all gear and equipment necessary for your Gulf fishing charter. He will also take time to teach any of those that want to learn about the basics of fishing. Looking for a specific species? Our vetted Captains are skilled at putting those trips together, as well.
Don’t forget to keep an eye out for the amazing creatures you might see along the way. Dolphins, turtles, manatees, osprey, and pelicans might make an appearance. If you are really lucky, you may even see a whale shark! If you’re not ready for deep sea, but want to catch more variety of fish, a Gulf fishing charter is for you!
Things to Know:
- Your guides are experts in their field. Feel free to ask questions and learn about the process along the way!
- Gratuity is not included in the price- Your guides work hard to create the best possible fishing experience for you!
- You are here to relax... the guide will do everything for you.
- EVERYTHING is included... just bring your own food and beverages
- alcoholic beverages are allowed and encouraged! Just no glass please
- No Bananas... the curse of the sea!
- All Tackle (Fishing Rods and Reels)
- Bait (live and artificial)
- Licenses and Permits
- Cooler with Ice
- Fish Cleaning
- Adult life jackets
- Memories and a fun time!
Don’t Forget to Bring:
- Food and Drinks
- Polarized Sunglasses
- A great attitude
- Comfortable life jackets for kids if you have them
- Cash for Tip
Went out with itrekkers yesterday from Johns Pass. First class operation from the moment we arrived till we were walking off the dock with our fresh fillets. Capt Klye put us on the fish all day. Caught red snapper, a King, grouper, and even a couple of sharks! An awesome trip that I will always remember and highly recommend booking with itrekkers for an unforgettable charter.
I just had an amazing nearshore fishing charter with Captain Jeremy! ITREKKERS and their team were nothing but professional and provided an exceptional experience from start to finish. I would recommend using their services whole heartedly. I had an amazing time and can't wait to go again!!
Absolutely the best choice for booking a camping or fishing trip. Caught over 60 fish with Capt. Hodges and had an incredible camping time.
Edward A. from Chicago, IL
Jim A. from Palm Harbor, FL
Jim A. from Boca Grande, FL
John S. from Tampa, FL
John S. from Boca Grande, FL
Jeff N. from Tampa, FL
Mike P. from Tampa, FL
Our trip was great! Capt. Kyle made it an awesome experience!
Ciarra L. from Tampa, FL
Ashley F. from Tampa, FL
We had an awesome day today with iTrekkers. We caught a ton of fish! Great company, beautiful weather, no better day than here on the water. You’re gonna have a great time too.
Jane G. from Tampa, FL
We had a really great day out on the water with iTrekkers and the captain they paired us with. Everyone on the boat caught plenty of fish, and the crew was fantastic! You won't be disappointed.
- How far off shore do u go for your inshore charter?
- Typically you will not go farther than 3 miles off the coast, but don't worry, land will always be in sight! iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 18 Do you find this answer helpful?
- What months can you fish snook?
- Snook season is as follows: March 1st – April 30th iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- What size boat will I be on?
- Due to our large network of guides, it would be impossible to say exactly what boat you would be on. What will happen is after you book, you will be partnered with a guide and all of the boat info will be made available to you. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I'm looking for fishing lessons. Do you provide that service?
- Yes! We offer fishing trips that are specifically focused on lessons. Search 'lessons' on the site to find the trip! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I am not sure what inshore fishing is. Do you have charters that go out farther?
- Inshore fishing is fishing that is done within 2 miles of the shore. There are a wealth of Florida's most popular fish within this distance. If you're looking to go out a bit further, check out Nearshore or Offshore (deep sea) fishing! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- What do u do for bathrooms?
- Most launch points have restrooms available where you can go before and after the trip. At the moment, most of our boats are not equipped with a restroom, but some do (mostly our deep sea boats) iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- How will red tide affects fishing?
- Like with any red tide, fishing is impacted in the specific areas of the bloom. That said, our guides know how to navigate around those areas and get you on great fishing spots as they have 1000's of them and are therefore not limited. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I am looking for a fishing trip with my family and want to know if we need fishing licenses for a trip like this
- You don't need a fishing license when going on our charters: Our captains are equipped with licenses that cover all guests on the boat, so you are covered! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I am looking for a party boat fishing trip
- At the moment, all of our charters are private. It would be you or your group and the captain. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 12 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I get sea sick pretty easy - will this one make me sea sick?
- If you're prone to sea sickness, we'd recommend an inshore fishing trip. The distance is less than 2 miles from shore, greatly limiting the risk for sea sickness. You'll be good to go! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Are your guides Coast Guard certified or inspected?
- Yes they are! All off our guides are verified by the Coast Guard and ready to take you out on the water. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 20 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Just looking to see what adventures might be nice for my husband to do on Fathers' Day
- Awesome! We love taking fathers out for their big day. We'd recommend Inshore Fishing, or Deep Sea Fishing. Inshore if it's his first time, or deep sea if he's an experienced angler! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 17 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Does the boat have a place where I can keep my camera, phone, and other things dry?
- They sure do! Although each boat may vary depending on the guide. They all have available dry storage that you can use. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 13 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I am wanting to bring a little one, under the age of 6. Are they still counted in the price?
- At the moment, yes. We base our pricing on a total head count for the boat and they have the same size "Fishing Footprint" as an adult. Please remember, anyone under the age of 6 does need to be in a personal flotation device (PFD) at all times while out on the water. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 18 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Are the rates the same all year round??
- Yes! Our rates say the same all year round. And, we have some of the best in the market. Let's get you outdoors! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on June 30 Do you find this answer helpful?
- I'm looking for a shorter trip with our kids that will stay near to the shore. What would be the best option?
- Inshore Fishing is our recommended trip for guests with children. It's a shorter trip and much better for novice fishermen / women. Also, you never lose sight of land, so there's much less risk of any seasickness! iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 16 Do you find this answer helpful?
- What if I cancel my trip within a week of the trip date?
- If you cancel within 6 days of the trip you will be charged 1/2 of the trip cost. If you cancel within 24 hours, you will be charged the full amount. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on July 21 Do you find this answer helpful?
- Hi...i was wondering if you are the kind of charter that pays for catch upon returning to land as well
- We don't pay for the catch. If the catch is in season and size, it's all yours! We even fillet the fish for you right on the dock. iTREKKERS By Ben B. on July 16 Do you find this answer helpful?
- How much do you charge for cleaning the fish or do I have to?
- That is all included! When that happens, most customers will tip the guide, but it is not mandatory. iTREKKERS By Peter P. on June 29 Do you find this answer helpful?
Lovingly planned from
beginning to end
Our trips get a lot of TLC
We’ve crafted convenient and local experiences, completely planned from top to bottom. From the moment you arrive, to the moment you head home—we got you covered. All you have to do is show up!
All essential gear
Essential gear? Don't sweat it
We totally get it. Choosing the right equipment can be intimidating, not to mention expensive. With iTrekkers, all essential gear is provided and setup. Never worry about buying, storing or maintaining gear again.
Friendly guides will
show you the ropes
Trust our guide at your side
We’ve handpicked a network of professional guides based on experience, personality, certifications and more. With a friendly expert handling the tough stuff, you’ll be free to sit back and enjoy the outdoors.
If you don’t love your
trek, it’s on us!
Love it or your money back!
We know you’re going to love every minute of your adven ture, but if for some reason you’re not satisfied, we’ll refund you every penny. How’s that for peace of mind?